About Dodge Data & Analytics:
Dodge Data & Analytics is North America’s leading provider of construction project information and analytics. Building Product Manufacturers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and firms that support them, leverage Dodge to identify and pursue unseen growth opportunities and execute on those opportunities through industry-wide workflow solutions supported by Dodge. We are industry experts and forward-looking partners to many of the nation’s construction and building product manufacturing leading companies. Whether it’s on a local, regional or national level, we allow our clients to better understand their markets, uncover and size hidden growth opportunities, and pursue those opportunities. We do this by providing construction project information, key insights into industry relationships and integrated workflow tools. As we look ahead, we’re leveraging our 100-year-old legacy to reinvent ourselves and help the industry meet the building challenges of the future. To learn more, visit www.construction.com.
Dodge PlanRoom Pro extends the Dodge PlanRoom application and will provide a single, secure location for contractors and sub-contractors to share and manage plans, specifications, and other construction documentation and information from the bid phase through to project completion. It ensures users are working with the latest project information, and link to leading take-off tools for faster, more accurate bidding.
Dodge Data & Analytics (DDA) is looking for a dynamic Software Business Analyst to be part of PlanRoom Pro Product Delivery team.
Ideal candidate for this role should have a track record of successfully working in 4-6 member agile teams, analyzing product feature enhancements following agile methodology and Scrum framework. The role requires close collaboration with Product Manager, Program Manager, UI/UX developers, Technical Lead, developers, testers, and performance engineer.
Key responsibilities include:
- As key member an agile team, work closely with Product Managers to shepherd features/user stories – guiding the discovery process and facilitating communications amongst other team members.
- Responsible for analyzing and documenting product and architectural roadmap in Agile management tool, such as Rally.
- Investigate, analyze and critique new features based on product usage data.
- Work closely with Product Managers, UI and UX developers to outline story board and wireframes for all user interactions.
- Actively involved in every aspect of story identification and interactive design of the system.
- Evaluate every story to ensure real business value is delivered for every prioritized feature for a release.
- Attend all agile meetings every sprint, including daily scrums, sprint reviews, story reviews, retrospectives, and product backlog grooming.
- Document all stories with both functional and non-functional acceptance criteria. Ensure all stories are closed out end of every sprint before the sprint review/demo.
- Work closely with QA, Program Manager, Tech lead and support teams to plan product releases.
- Evaluates Product enhancements by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications/features/user stories.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing service desk support; training users.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing production usage and trends.
- Ability to evaluate system designs and architecture; provide input into the overall design based on customer interaction models.
Experience and Skills required for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3 to 5+ years professional experience as software business analyst
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- 2+ years’ experience working in multi-release agile software development project
- Proficient in Agile methodology and Scrum framework for software development
- Experience working on responsive page design and wireframes.
- Basic project management capabilities with a drive to meet deadlines and demonstrate results.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interface with Product and IT management
- Preferable - knowledge of commercial construction industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.