About Dodge Data & Analytics:
Dodge Data & Analytics is North America’s leading provider of construction project information and analytics. Building Product Manufacturers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and firms that support them, leverage Dodge to identify and pursue unseen growth opportunities and execute on those opportunities through industry-wide workflow solutions supported by Dodge. We are industry experts and forward-looking partners to many of the nation’s construction and building product manufacturing leading companies. Whether it’s on a local, regional or national level, we allow our clients to better understand their markets, uncover and size hidden growth opportunities, and pursue those opportunities. We do this by providing construction project information, key insights into industry relationships and integrated workflow tools. As we look ahead, we’re leveraging our 100-year-old legacy to reinvent ourselves and help the industry meet the building challenges of the future. To learn more, visit www.construction.com.
Dodge Data & Analytics offers comprehensive benefits, which include:
· 401K Plan from Vanguard upon start of employment—no waiting period
· Three Comprehensive Health Plan Options from Aetna upon start of employment—no waiting period
· Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
· Work/Life Balance with generous time off starting in the first year—3 weeks accrued vacation, 10 company-paid holidays
· On-Site Gym and Café with farm-to-table options in our Hamilton, NJ location
· Compensation Program including competitive salaries and bonus eligibility
· Positive Work Environment that is open, bright, warm, friendly, and collaborative—team players welcome!
The Economist will be a contributing member of the Dodge Data & Analytics forecasting team based in Bedford, MA, and will analyze and forecast construction activity in the U.S. Specific job responsibilities will include:
· Forecast, analyze, and write about construction market trends for all Dodge forecast products including, but not limited to, the Construction Market Forecasting Service (CMFS), Market Analysis Construction Forecast Database (MACFD), Beyond the Data, Construction and Housing Review, and Market Dynamics newsletters.
· Run econometric models and contribute to model development to produce the construction forecasts that are the basis for Dodge Data & Analytics products.
· Specialize in selected construction sectors (within residential, nonresidential, or non-building construction markets) to contribute to the forecast and write about recent trends/expected developments in those sectors.
· Conduct extensive research (web, journal, newspaper, magazine, etc.) on construction sectors to draw informed conclusions about what is driving the market and where the market is likely to head.
· Assist in the research and writing of periodic “special studies” on a selected construction sector or region of the country.
· Interact with existing and potential customers – as well as Dodge sales representatives – to discuss construction data, our forecasts, their use and interpretation.
· Track forecast performance over time to ensure continuous improvement of our forecasts. Monitor historical data quality to ensure forecast accuracy, and identify large projects still in planning that could have an impact on the forecast.
A variety skills and background requirements are expected for this position, including:
· A Masters’ degree in economics or related social science is required or three to five years of relevant experience.
· Experience and some expertise in econometric modeling and forecasting, willingness to learn more to become proficient is key.
· Solid analytical skills to identify and explain underlying trends in construction markets.
· Solid writing ability to translate complex economic relationships into readable prose.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interface with clients and colleagues.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), MS Access, E-Views (or other econometric forecasting software), Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Explorer, as well as an ability to learn proprietary database manipulation programs.
Dodge Data & Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.