About Dodge Data & Analytics:
Dodge Data & Analytics is North America’s leading provider of analytics and software-based workflow integration solutions for the construction industry. Building product manufacturers, architects, engineers, contractors, and service providers leverage Dodge to identify and pursue unseen growth opportunities and execute on those opportunities for enhanced business performance. Whether it’s on a local, regional or national level, we make the hidden obvious, empowering our clients to better understand their markets, uncover key relationships, size growth opportunities, and pursue those opportunities with success. Our construction project information is the most comprehensive and verified in the industry. We are leveraging our 100-year-old legacy of continuous innovation to help the industry meet the building challenges of the future. To learn more, visit www.construction.com.
Dodge Data & Analytics offers comprehensive benefits which include:
- 401K Plan from Vanguard upon start of employment—no waiting period
- Three Comprehensive Health Plan Options from Aetna upon start of employment—no waiting period
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Work/Life Balance with generous time off starting in the first year—3 weeks accrued vacation, 12 company-paid holidays
- On-Site Gym and Café with farm-to-table options in our Hamilton, NJ location
- Compensation Program including competitive salaries and bonus eligibility
- Positive Work Environment that is open, bright, warm, friendly, and collaborative—team players welcome!
As a DevOps/Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible to assist and lead the support of a complex set of SaaS applications across distributed environments. You will leverage your expertise as part of a growing multi-disciplinary team and aid in the comprehensive software platform and contribute new ideas regarding best practices for deploying, maintaining and optimizing Dodge’s infrastructure. The ideal DevOps/Cloud Engineer will have a strong work ethic with excellent skill sets in Sysadmin and/or infrastructure architect, scripting (i.e. PowerShell or Bash) and a basic understanding of RDBMS – Oracle and SQL Server. In addition, strong experience in software development (preferably in C#, .Net), designing scalable application and network architecture and supporting multi-tiered web applications in the cloud (AWS).
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Work directly with the Infrastructure and DBA teams to triage and troubleshoot all escalations on a customer-facing application.
- Develop and Enhance SaaS/Cloud-based applications.
- Work with local/remote Development/SQA teams to support the delivery, deployment, and operation of services.
- Work closely with the Developers/QA team to ensure quality on Product Releases.
- Automate / Develop / Enhance SaaS/AWS Cloud based Operations.
- Proactive Development of monitoring solutions for supported applications.
- Proactive identification and reactive troubleshooting of issues that arise with the application and escalate to engineering when necessary.
- Participate in code and feature reviews through the lifecycle of a development project.
- Ensures that security standards, practices, and policies are incorporated into all application releases.
- Needs to be highly available and on-call for production outages.
- Perform active monitoring of application services, custom plugins/checks where required restore or recover from application service events and/or failures.
- Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall application performance, stability, and availability
- Experience in application support on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Docker Data Center, Containers, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Proven ability to administer and performance-tune Windows and Linux systems, and other network issues.
- Experience with developing basic code for automation tools to build, integrate, and deploy software. (Jenkins/ Hudson/Maven); a broad portfolio of AWS (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, etc.); continuous Integration/Configuration platforms and tools to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment flow (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Log analysis and customization using tools such as Sumo Logic, Logstash, etc.
- Ability to write code to automate a repeatable process.
- Experience with: optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance; maintaining an infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features.
- Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks.
- Abundant experience in site reliability engineering (SRE).
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree desirable
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a DevOps or System Engineer.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years in software development role with current hands-on experience working with .Net C#, Java, RESTful API’s.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in AWS, including detailed knowledge of ELB, EBS, EC2, Autoscaler, S3, RDS.
- 5-7 years of industry experience in infrastructure or system engineering group.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology highly desirable.
Dodge Data & Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.