About Dodge Data & Analytics:
Dodge Data & Analytics is North America’s leading provider of analytics and software-based workflow integration solutions for the construction industry. Building product manufacturers, architects, engineers, contractors, and service providers leverage Dodge to identify and pursue unseen growth opportunities and execute on those opportunities for enhanced business performance. Whether it’s on a local, regional or national level, we make the hidden obvious, empowering our clients to better understand their markets, uncover key relationships, size growth opportunities, and pursue those opportunities with success. Our construction project information is the most comprehensive and verified in the industry. We are leveraging our 100-year-old legacy of continuous innovation to help the industry meet the building challenges of the future. To learn more, visit www.construction.com.
Dodge Data & Analytics (DDA) is looking for a dynamic hands-on Frontend UI Developer to be part of Dodge Global Network Product Delivery team.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a track record of successfully developing product feature enhancements following Agile methodology and Scrum framework. The role requires close collaboration with Program Manager, Onsite Technical Lead and a product development team of approximately 7 to 10 members including software developers, testers, performance engineer and business analyst. The role will be accountable for improving and updating websites and applications to create a rich, intuitive user experience of customer-facing Dodge Global Network applications.
Key responsibilities include:
· Develop new user-facing features
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
· Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
· Participation in Agile team’s meetings including daily scrum, technical design reviews, and sprint commitments
· Participating in sprint and release planning activities along with project and product managers
· Analyzing and sizing business requirements
· Providing options to technical lead for implementation of features with associated pros, cons, and risks
· Working on tasks assigned in each sprint to ensure efficient utilization
· Ensuring agile milestones and project schedules are met
· Resolving roadblocks and escalating to management when appropriate
· Supporting QA activities including unit, functional, integration testing
· Collaborating with Product Management & Business Analyst to devise solutions, perform technology assessments, and follow standards and processes
Experience and Skills required for this position include:
· 5+ years of software development experience with at least 3 years of proven experience in front-end UI development of web & mobile applications
· Creating intuitive interfaces and interaction layers using best practices, the latest Web trends and all available tools to augment the user experience
· Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, knowing Bootstrap and LESS/SASS is a plus
· Working knowledge of technologies like C#, ASP.NET or Java
· Knowledge of database management systems including Oracle 11g, MongoDB, Aurora or similar DBMS
· Experience with Agile SDLC tools like Rally, Jira
· Experience working with source control tools like Git, BitBucket
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Knowledge of Agile methodology and Scrum framework for software development
· Strong communication skills with ability to interface with Product and IT management
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.