Senior Software Engineer
At Dodge Canada (formerly Ingenium Technologies) we value autonomy, teamwork and innovation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, flexible work hours, and education training allowance.
This exciting opportunity will be very important in developing the next generation of our application and services using the latest technologies. If you are interested in working in a small, dynamic team of incredible professionals in a fast paced, agile environment then we would like to hear from you.
Only local candidates will be considered for this position.
- Develop high quality software adhering to object oriented design and best practices
- Work with Product Owner to design, implement, maintain solutions based on business requirements
- Contribute to continuous improvements of our existing systems and processes as a member of the technical leadership team
- Monitor the performance of our software and develop pragmatic solutions
- Work closely with other functional groups including QA, Operations and Client Services
- Implement unit test code and assist in other relevant test automation when needed
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring the junior developers
- University/college degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands on experience developing web applications and web services
- Experience with scalable system, understanding of performance and scalability concerns in a production environment
- Experience with continuous build and deployment.
- Strong OO design skills with knowledge of patterns and best practices
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Understanding agile development practices (SCRUM, XP, Kanban, Lean)
Nice to have
- Experience developing applications for Amazon Web Services especially EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, CloudFormation
- Experience with CRM Systems (Salesforce, Dynamics CRM, etc)
- Experience with NoSql databases (Solr, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Knowledge of Mobile development with either HTML5, PhoneGap or Native Apps, Java or Objective-C
- Knowledge of NUnit, Moq; distributed caching using Memcache; MS WIF
- Knowledge of Security: STS, OAuth, etc.
Dodge Data & Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.